It’s quite possible you haven’t heard of the Liebster award before if you aren’t involved in the blogging community, I for sure hadn’t before last month, so what is this award all about?
The Liebster award is a peer to peer award given and received between up and coming, new, and under the radar travel bloggers. It helps bloggers to connect their blog to other new bloggers and gives readers the oppertunity to learn a bit more about the bloggers.
I was lucky enough to be nominated by three bloggers in one week: Kyenna Pepper from Pepper’s Passport Travels and Paulina Pietrzak from Daily Dose of Adventures and Sushant Kanumuri from Cyphographer. Thank you guys all so much I really appreciate it! To see their posts, click on their names!
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your blog (tons of options with a quick image search)
- Answer their ten questions
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and inform them via social media!
- Come up with 10 questions of your own to ask your nominees
Since I was nominated by Kyenna first, I’m going to answer her 10 questions.
Kyenna Pepper’s questions:
- What is the hardest thing you have encountered while traveling?
I think the hardest thing would be going to hospitals in foreign countries. I have had to go into hospitals in Turkey and Morocco. On both of these encounters I only had minor injuries (Thank god!) and I had my dad with me both times and in Turkey I even had both my parents there. The thing that makes it hard is the language barrier and the paperwork, so I was really lucky to have my parents there to help me with this.
- If you could only give one piece of advice to new travelers, what would it be?
Don’t have to many doubts, just buy the ticket and enjoy every second of it.
- How do you entertain yourselves on long airplane/bus/train rides?
On airplanes I love being able to watch movies. I’m a movie addict so I will watch as many as possible on an airplane. On busses I tend to listen to music a lot and try to sleep and maybe read a bit.
- How would you describe your country to someone that is completely unfamiliar with it?
Free spirited. I’m from the Netherlands and I feel like it’s a really open country where the inhabitants have etnicity backgrounds from all over the world and being gay or bi or straight is something everyone is openly able to explore and be proud of, as it should be.
- If you could meet one famous person, who would it be? And Why?
This is a difficult question for me. I don’t have a specific famous person I would love to meet, I have several. If I could meet only one I would like it to be a female who has done a lot of charity work and feminism because I would love to share thoughts and ideas with someone like that.
- What is your inspiration for traveling? What makes you choose new places?
My inspiration is the feeling of happiness I get when I travel. I choose new places based on blogs, vlogs, travel shows and travel stories from people I meet.
- What is your favorite social media platform to use?
My favorite social media platform is Instagram, because I love the sense of getting to connect with peoples lives trough their pictures.
- Do you have siblings?
I do. I have a younger brother, Alain, he’s 20 years old and already someone I look up to in the sense of creative thinking and chasing his dreams.
- If the world was ending next week, and you only had a couple of days to visit the last thing you want to see on Earth, what/where is it?
I would love to go diving in the great barrier reef.
- Tell us five fun facts about yourselves.
#1 I’m a mental health student
#2 I love animals
#3 I don’t eat meat
#4 I get really competitive in games, especially those games on your phone where you just really wanna beat your own high score
#5 I love doing creative stuff even though I’m quite bad at it
To pass on the liebster award, I’m nominating the following bloggers:
Rach Porter www.theramblingflipflops.com
Danielle Kotovets www.travelfoodadventures.blog
Hong Linh Photog www.wanderess-soul.com
Georgina Webb www.georgilovesworld.wordpress.com
Nicole and Bryan from https://littleworldadventures.com
My questions will be the following:
- What’s your best memory of traveling?
- What’s your worst memory of traveling?
- What is your life back home like?
- What is your favorite thing you ever learned from a family member?
- If you would have to choose one place to live in for the rest of your live, what would it be?
- Would you recommend people to visit wherever you from and why (not)?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are 5 things your friends would tell me if I asked them to describe you?
- In your opinion, what makes a blog interesting to read?
- Name 5 things on your bucket list that aren’t places to travel to.
I hope you guys will all have fun answering the questions!